Q: What should I do if I want to apply for a visa through VFW?

A: If you have to travel to any country in the world, VFW provides all the services required to enable your visa application process. Well before your travel date, contact your nearest VFW office and put forward your travel plans. VFW staff would guide you through the entire process and provide you with all requirements. Once you have all the documents ready, come to our office and a staff would prepare the application packet and submit the documents to the relevant embassy/ service provider on behalf of you. Once the decision is made on your visa application by the relevant embassy, you would be informed by us to come and pick up your passport.

Q: What country visas can VFW apply on behalf of me?

A: VFW can apply to most of the countries in the world for you. We would prepare, submit and securely transport your documents. Once you have decided on your travel, kindly contact the nearest VFW office for guidance.

Q: What are the differences between Single, Double, Multiple entry visas?

A: Visas can be single-entry, which means the visa is cancelled as soon as the holder leaves the country, double-entry, or multiple-entry, permitting double/multiple entries into the country with the same visa. Countries may also issue re-entry permits that allow temporarily leaving the country without invalidating the visa. Even a business visa will normally not allow the holder to work in the host country without an additional work permit. Once issued, a visa will typically have to be used within a certain period of time, and the period of validity starts only on entry into the country.

Q: Can a visa be issued upon arrival?

A: Some countries like Ethiopia, Thailand, Indonesia, etc permits visa upon arrival subject certain terms and condition. However many countries do not permit this. Please contact VFW offices to verify whether or not this is possible. However, even if your destination country does allow visa issuance upon entry, VFW recommends procuring your visa prior to departure to prevent any possible delays or entry refusals at the border.

Q: Information requirement on Visa application form, fees etc?

A: General passport and Visa requirements are available through our website (www.visasfortheworld.com ) and offices. We suggest you get in touch with our offices which would have the latest information through e-mail or telephone.

Q: What is the difference between Visa validity and Duration of stay in a country?

A: Visa validity is normally indicated on the visa at the time of issuance. Duration of stay is normally determined by the immigration office on arrival. It is important to note, that the validity of a visa may not be the same as the authorized period of stay in the issuing country. The visa validity usually indicates when the alien can apply for entry to the country. For example, if a visa has been issued January 1st and expires March 30th and the typical authorized period of stay in a country is 90 days, then the 90-day authorized stay starts on the day the passenger reaches the country, which has to be between the visa validity dates. Once in the country, the authorized stay can often be extended for a fee at the discretion of immigration authorities. Overstaying the period of authorized stay given by the immigration officers is considered illegal immigration even if the visa validity period isn't over (i.e. for multiple entry visas) and a form of being "out of status" and the offender may be fined, prosecuted, deported, or even blacklisted from entering the country again. Entering a country without a valid visa or visa exemption may result in detention and removal (deportation or exclusion) from the country. Undertaking activities that are not authorized by the status of entry (for example, working while possessing a non-worker tourist status) can result in the individual being deemed removable, in common speech an illegal alien. Such violation is not a violation of a visa, however despite the common misuse of the phrase, but a violation of status or non compliance hence the term "out of status or non compliant." Even having a visa does not guarantee entry to the host country. The border crossing authorities make the final determination to allow entry, and may even cancel a visa at the border if the alien cannot demonstrate to their satisfaction that they will abide by the status their visa grants them.

Q: How will a Consulate/High Commission’s jurisdiction, affect the visa processing?

A: Normally each visa issuing office will be responsible for territory. People living within that territory can apply for a visa with the responsible visa office for processing.

Q: Original passport requirement for visa?

A: In most cases original Passport requires be submitted along with the application form so that the visa may be stamped on one of the blank visa pages.

Q: The purpose of "personal appearance" to get a visa?

A: Personal interview requirement may be due to capture of bio information like fingerprint, facial data etc. This may be a mandatory requirement for some countries like USA, France etc.

Q: Requirement for a full blank visa page in the passport to get a visa?

A: Visas are mostly stamped or affixed in the passport on the pages specifically marked for visas, and some countries require that visa stamps be placed on those pages that do not contain any other stamps. Other pages at the end of passports are specifically designated by the Government for specific reasons like foreign exchange endorsement etc.

Q: Can a Visa issuance be guaranteed?

A: No, Visa issuance cannot be guaranteed. It is the discretion of the Immigration department of respective countries to make a decision on your application. The visa office will normally indicate the reason for refusal.

Q: Passport validity for a visa to be granted?

A: In order to get a visa, most countries normally require the passport to be valid for at least 6 months past the scheduled return date. If you are getting a multiple entry visa, and your passport is set to expire soon, you might consider getting your passport renewed first, since most visas in your passport are no longer valid once your passport has expired.

Q: What is a Schengen visa?

A: The Schengen visa is honored by the following European countries currently: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden. The Schengen visa, permits entry/stay in the above countries. Travelers should apply for a visa for the country in which they intend to stay the longest (the main destination) and or is their first port of entry.

Q: The possibility of additional document request by the Visa office after the submission of the original application?

A: VFW collects and forwards all the documents required as per the checklist available in the consulate/embassy website. Our offices are in touch with various consulates/embassies to know the changes in requirements from time to time. Based on specific visa application, a consulate may choose at any time to ask for additional documentation.

Q: The requirement to submit original documents like Degree Certification, Property Documents etc with visa application. Is it really necessary?

A: We certainly understand applicant’s hesitation in sending in original documents. However, when consulates require the original documents there is no choice. Sending in copies in these instances will only delay processing or consulate may reject the application. VFW takes complete precaution when they are handling any documents also applications sent through us are covered under insurance.

Q: Availability of visa application forms?

A: VFW normally maintains latest electronic copies of application forms. This will be made available to the applicant along with the documentation list.

Q: How to determine the type of visa needed?

A: A Business Visa is a visa issued to travelers who intend to visit a country for the purpose of commercial meetings, discussions, negotiations, and similar activities for a limited period of time. Business visas are usually insufficient for travelers who will undertake work or temporary work assignments in a country. Some countries will require special types of business visas depending on the type of business you are conducting, such as for technical work, training sessions or speaking engagements. A Tourist Visa is a visa issued to travelers who intend to visit a country for the purpose of tourism or to visit family and friends for a limited period of time. A Transit Visa is issued to travelers who must travel through certain countries in order to get to their ultimate destination. Staying on the airplane or remaining in the airport will not preclude you from having to get a transit visa. A Student Visa, which allows its holder to study at an institution of higher learning in the issuing country. An Immigrant visa, granted for those intending to immigrate to the issuing country. They usually are issued for a single journey as the holder will, depending on the country, later be issued a permanent resident identification card which will allow the traveller to enter to the issuing country an unlimited number of times.